Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
- Identifiers such as a real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as language.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, billing address, shipping address, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, the type of browser you are using to access the website, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Audio recordings from calls placed to the STTAS Support Center and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Professional or employment-related information including business content or service specialty areas and business contact information such as name, title, company name, physical address, email address, telephone number, and facsimile number.
- Inferences drawn from (1) information we collect when you visit our website, and (2) information we collect about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our website, including from third parties, to create a profile of our website users’ preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for Californians for various business purposes. These business purposes include providing broker management services, auditing brokers for import/export businesses, sharing with customs agencies to help determine the best classifications or to help create policies when policy changes are needed, and with various agencies that need to help determine what requirements need to be met. We also share information with our service providers that use your data to help in providing our services, like our backend software, email management system providers, and payment vendors.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Access and Information regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, click here. You can configure your browser to prevent the placement of cookies when using our site. Please see your browser help documentation for more information.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to STTAS by your personal information.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request here https://www.ups.com/upsemail/input?privacy=true&loc=en_US or
- Calling toll-free at 888-912-9055
When making a request, please indicate that you are a STTAS customer. Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may require you to provide the following information to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type: email address, and STTAS account number. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. Subject to applicable law, we may require the agent to submit proof of their authorization. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent.
How To Contact Us
300 Galleria Officentre, Suite 400
Southfield, Michigan 48034
Calling toll-free at 888-912-9055 or 877-589-9565
Last Updated: December 26, 2019